lmi

Re: [lmi] Use 'pserver' to checkout lmi

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Use 'pserver' to checkout lmi
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 00:39:36 +0200

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 16:09:27 -0400 "Boutin, Wendy" <address@hidden> wrote:

BW> Vadim--can you please help us work through this 'pserver' problem?

 Hello,

 First of all, pserver is a cvs-only mechanism so it's a bit confusing to
speak about it in relation with svn, let's just forget about pserver and
cvs.

BW> There isn't a transient problem at gnu.org:
BW> $ svn checkout svn://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/lmi/lmi/trunk lmi
BW> svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.savannah.nongnu.org': Connection timed
BW> out

 It looks like your firewall blocks the outgoing port 3690 used by svn
protocol. No surprise here I guess :-(

BW> Of course, this:
BW>   s/svn:/https:/
BW> doesn't work for lmi either:
BW> $ svn checkout https://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/lmi/lmi/trunk lmi
BW> svn: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/lmi/lmi/trunk': SSL
BW> handshake
BW> failed: Software caused connection abort
BW> (https://svn.savannah.nongnu.org)
BW>
BW> Do you have any solutions I can try?

 I'm not sure why are you trying https instead of plain http but

        $ svn co http://svn.sv.gnu.org/svn/lmi/lmi/trunk lmi

should really work unless your firewall blocks http as well which would be
a little surprising (double "lmi" is not a typo, the first is the project
name and the second one is the name of subdirectory whose sibling is
"skeleton").

 Do you have any trouble with the above command line?
VZ