lmi

[lmi] Use 'pserver' to checkout lmi

From: Boutin, Wendy
Subject: [lmi] Use 'pserver' to checkout lmi
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 16:09:27 -0400

Vadim--can you please help us work through this 'pserver' problem?

We are working towards fully automating our setup environment
and are looking for a way for everyone to checkout lmi using
'pserver', including folks who aren't familiar with cygwin or
command line tools. In the past, we've been unsuccessful with
full automation because our office computers are behind a
firewall that prevents 'pserver' access. That's still true,
but now we're using svn instead of cvs and would like to
revisit this problem until we have a solution that works.
Here's what I know so far:

There isn't a transient problem at gnu.org:
$ svn checkout svn://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/lmi/lmi/trunk lmi
svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.savannah.nongnu.org': Connection timed
out

This HTTP method fails:
$ svn checkout http://svn.collab.net:81/repos/svn/trunk subversion
svn: OPTIONS of 'http://svn.collab.net:81/repos/svn/trunk': could not
connect to
 server (http://svn.collab.net:81)

But this HTTP method succeeds:
$ svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk
subversion
A    subversion/get-deps.sh
A    subversion/NOTICE
[...]

Of course, this:
  s/svn:/https:/
doesn't work for lmi either:
$ svn checkout https://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/lmi/lmi/trunk lmi
svn: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/lmi/lmi/trunk': SSL
handshake
failed: Software caused connection abort
(https://svn.savannah.nongnu.org)

Do you have any solutions I can try?

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is
intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by
any person other than the intended recipient or the
intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies.