lmi

Re: [lmi] Different behavior observed with 'File | Save'

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Different behavior observed with 'File | Save'
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:58:56 +0000

On 2009-10-14 17:27Z, Murphy, Kimberly wrote:

[with patch applied...]

> After 'File | New | Illustration', I immediately observe the
> 'Save' button is visually enabled. However, until 'OK' is
> pressed, the button is not accessible. This is a similar
> characteristic as with other visually enabled buttons,
> like New, Open and Print. No change in behavior was
> observed with a newly-created census.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. If I do
  File | Open
  pick any previously-save '.ill' file
  OK
(without changing any input), then the "Save" icon becomes enabled
until I press "OK", but after "OK" it returns to the intended
disabled state. That's not a big problem, but it's not optimal.
Is this the behavior of all wx-2.9.0 applications, or should we
look in the lmi sources for a way to fix it if possible?