lmi

Re: [lmi] wxmsw-2.9.0 regression: crash when a messagebox should appear

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] wxmsw-2.9.0 regression: crash when a messagebox should appear
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:32:49 +0100

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:26:34 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Load lmi, then do
GC>   File | New | Illustration
GC> but do not yet press Enter or click OK.
GC>
GC> The "Extra policy fee" field contains '0' by default.
GC> Change that to '0,1000', which is an error that lmi diagnoses.
GC> Press Enter or click OK.
GC>
GC> First, this messagebox appears [0]:
GC>
GC> Do you want to save changes to unnamed?
GC> Yes   No   Cancel
GC>
GC> Select "No": then lmi crashes.

 The crash is fixed now by

        http://svn.wxwidgets.org/viewvc/wx?view=rev&revision=59185

however I don't think the behaviour is correct yet. First, there is this
spurious message box, of course, which I'm going to track down next. But
there is also the fact that the frame remains opened even although the view
creation failed. I don't think it ever makes sense to keep the frame in
this case, do you agree with this?

 Thanks,
VZ