lmi

[lmi] Two trifling help-cursor anomalies

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] Two trifling help-cursor anomalies
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:56:14 +0000

(1) In lmi:
  alt-F N I
  click the [?] box (cursor correctly changes)
  click any notebook tab other than the current one
The notebook page changes. Other msw apps, including the ms
spreadsheet and word processor, don't change the page; instead,
the cursor simply reverts to its normal form, as though the
user had (e.g.) clicked on the dialog's title bar.

This is clearly not a critical issue, though I'd welcome a wx
change to make it behave more like other apps.

(2) In ms "word 97" and "excel 97", Shift-F1 gives contextual
help even on static controls. I guess that would be nice to
offer, though it seems even less critical than (1) above.
Then again, I find no msw app that does this except for those
sold by ms itself, and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it's
just a case where "some animals are more equal than others".