lmi

Re: [lmi] Re: To configure wx-2.6.2

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Re: To configure wx-2.6.2
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:59:08 +0000

On 2007-11-14 04:41Z, Greg Chicares wrote:
> As part of this scheduled task:
>   "Automate installation for compiling in ms windows"
> I'm reworking the procedure we use to build wx.

Should I be surprised that wxmsw 'make install' places the wx dll
in $prefix/lib instead of $prefix/bin ? For a contrasting example,
libxml2 puts its dll in bin, and import libraries in lib, so only
bin (and not lib) needs to be added to $PATH.

The "Subject:" header is a little outdated: I'm using the wx-2.8.6
tarball from ftp.wxwidgets.org .

Options to 'configure' are given here
  http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/lmi/lmi/install_wx.make
and seem generally unremarkable. The only thing that looks a bit
weird to me is that I'm using the MinGW gcc toolchain in a Cygwin
shell, but I'm not yet specifying
  --build=i686-pc-mingw32
   --host=i686-pc-mingw32
which would seem to be a good practice, e.g. according to:
Ultimately I suppose I will specify build and host that way;
I haven't yet because it is known to work without specifying
them, and I want to get this build environment completely
stabilized before making any change.