lmi

[lmi] calculation summary GUI

From: Boutin, Wendy
Subject: [lmi] calculation summary GUI
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 12:05:48 -0500

[Please reply to all so we get immediate responses in
the office]

I'm testing the new calculation summary GUI and would
like to offer a suggestion: display newly selected
columns when 'OK' is selected in the calculation
summary GUI instead of clicking 'OK', then editing
the individual ('Ctrl-E'), and rerunning the illustration.
I see logic in using only the calculation summary GUI
to change the displayed columns, but maybe there's a
more technical reason for keeping it the way it is,
so I'm interested in hearing if that's the case.

Also, I noticed that saving a file causes the new selected
columns to become the default when running a new illustration,
or even closing the program and starting over. I assume it
happens because the columns are written to 'configurable_settings.xml',
but is there a way to maintain the original default even if
a file gets saved?

Staggered formatting could be a real problem to users,
but I interpret Evgeniy's response here:
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2006-11/msg00004.html
to mean that would require work in the wx library
and I doubt were armed to do that, right?

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to
whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person
other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.