lmi

Re: [lmi] Unit test not passing with libxml++

From: Evgeniy Tarassov
Subject: Re: [lmi] Unit test not passing with libxml++
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:38:31 +0200

Hello Greg,

On 10/16/06, Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2006-10-15 23:55 UTC, Evgeniy Tarassov wrote:

Does that mean you have found a defect in libxml++?

[...]

But the libxml++ documentation seems to suggest that utf-8 is
already the default, in which case your patch should have no

The comment says "UTF-8 is used" by default, but the default

So I suspect that this is a real defect in libxml++. I don't
find it in their bugzilla:
  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query=write_to_stream

I have not dugged into the bug on theirs bugzilla. Thank you very much
for doing that!
IMHO thatto have the encoding specified explicitly is only an
advantage and even if there was no bug we should have specified it
somewhere in our code, because the default value could change someday,
plus it will indicate the exact place where to change the encoding if
we ever will need that (by grepping "utf-8").

--
ET