lmi

[lmi] Random abend reported

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] Random abend reported
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 00:53:21 +0000

Vadim--I'm trying to track down an abnormal termination

  Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
  Runtime Error!

  abnormal program termination

that has quite recently started to occur. It happens sporadically.
I can't reproduce it myself, but one of our testers can, sometimes.
It seems to occur when lmi is closed while it has an MDI child
window open. This seems to have arisen about the time I did this:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/lmi/lmi/main_wx.cpp.diff?r1=1.26&r2=1.27

and I wonder whether you could look at that change and tell me if
I did something that looks wrong. I was trying to follow a more
typical way of handling command-line arguments, so that we wouldn't
need the __arg[cv] workaround that works only with the msvc rtl.

I tried trapping it in gdb, but I can't get lmi to run under gdb
at all, and that's not a new problem. I'll explain it in detail in
another message.