Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone on iOS does not ring anymore reliably - pu

From: Martin Glaser
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone on iOS does not ring anymore reliably - push notification not working
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 17:47:13 +0200

Hello Germán, dear Linphone developers and all,

I was able to solve my problem.

I uninstalled Linphone, re-installed it freshly from the App Store, configured
my linphone.org account and ringing was working again.

Changing step by step the configuration to the settings from before the re-install, I found that when I change the
options "Show message in notification", "Auto-answer after notification", "Animations"
and "Start at boot" to off in the Advanced page, the iPhone does again not ring anymore. Reverting the
options back to on, does not bring back the ringing. So I decided to re-install again and keep the settings unchanged.

I guess there is a bug, that does not correctly write back changes to these options to
some storage that is then used by the software. "Enable smart address book"
also is buggy, it always flips back to on how often ever I switch it to off.

I am not sure what the two notification related options do exactly. I thought so far that
"Show message in notification" would result in not giving the notification any content
for the message leaving Apple and the notification system and all possible persons that can see the
content on the lock screen in the dark about the reason for the notification. "Auto-answer
after notification" I understood so that Linphone would when activated immediately and
automatically take the incoming call. Apparently not.

So I think with that information the issue can be easily fixed.

Best Regards

 Martin