Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone for Android notifications beep in Do Not D

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone for Android notifications beep in Do Not Disturb
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 19:23:39 -0500

Daniel Gonzalez Gasull <dahxothi@aingunox.e4ward.com> writes:

> I know this was fixed, but the last version in F-Droid hasn't been updated.
>
> When will it be?

That's a question for f-droid, primarily, and the web page for libphone
probably has build logs.

Of course, I think Belladone should keep an eye on this and help,
because being in f-droid is proof of actually being Free Software.
There are apps that pretend to be Free Software but actually contain
proprietary components.  linphone on the google play store is one of
them; it uses firebase push notifications, and this is disabled in Free
builds.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.linphone/
https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/org.linphone/lastbuild_4310

It might be that someone(tm) needs to test the new build and push a
change to the f-droid data repo.

I'm not seeing the new release at

  https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-android/releases

and that repo's readme doesn't say it is no longer authoritative.  But I
do see a 4.3.1 at

  https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-android/tags

which is on f-droid.

So are you sure there is a release after 4.3.1, or just a bugfix applies to
master?