Re: [Linphone-users] Why Android (Oreo) phones, are actually less reliab

From: Juha Heinanen
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Why Android (Oreo) phones, are actually less reliable with TCP vs. UDP
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 09:03:39 +0300

> On Sun, 2019-03-31 at 16:47 +0300, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> >
> > I'll try this night with my Android 9.0 (Pie) Nokia phone.  Nokia is
> > on the top Don't kill my app! vendor:
> >
> > https://dontkillmyapp.com/

When Nokia's battery was full, I disconnected charger and let the phone
alone with Wifi on and baresip running.  After 9 hours I made call to
its baresip account.  Phone was ringing and I was able to answer the
call.  I then checked how battery was doing and it showed 98% left with
"More than 2 days remaining".  Unfortunately this phone does not show
usage by app. It just reports "Battery usage data is not available".

-- Juha