Re: [Linphone-users] linphone don't detect sound card

From: J G Miller
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphone don't detect sound card
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 19:03:05 +0200

At 05:32h, on Thursday, October 27, 2016,
in message <address@hidden>,
on the subject of "[Linphone-users] linphone don't detect sound card",
Jérémie Juste wrote -

 > I've compiled the last linphone: Linphone version 3.10.2-380-g7fb33e2.

On which platform / operating system?

If you do not state which, the readers of your message remain clueless
as to your system.

 > But it does not detect my sound card.

In general, applications should never need to detect sound cards,
and even if they could, the kernel would/should not let them directly
access them.

But which sound card do you in fact have installed on your system?

If you do not state which, the readers of your message remain clueless
as to your sound card properties.

 > How can I guide it?

With care and due diligence.

 > It guess this is the culprit.

Unless you are compiling on a BSD system, you guessed wrong.

More importantly

 > checking alsa/asoundlib.h usability... yes
 > checking alsa/asoundlib.h presence... yes
 > checking for alsa/asoundlib.h... yes
 > checking for snd_pcm_open in -lasound... yes

so you have the the approriate header files and library files
for ALSA (advanced Linux sound system)

 > checking for LIBPULSE... no

If your system is setup to use PulseAudio, then you are not going
to hear anything via PulseAudio because you do not have the pulseaudio
header files installed (pulseaudio development package) to be compiled
into the mediastreamer library and thus be available for the linphone
application to use.