[Linphone-users] [release] linphone-3.7.0

From: Simon MORLAT
Subject: [Linphone-users] [release] linphone-3.7.0
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 22:15:05 +0100

Hi,

We are pleased to annouce the release of Linphone 3.7.0 for Linux, MacOS and Windows (desktop version).

Despite there are no big changes in the UI since 3.6, this is a very important release in terms of features. Here is an overview of the changelog:

Application level improvements:
    * It is now possible to configure multiple proxy accounts with different transports (UDP, TCP, TLS)
    * Video HD formats support added, leveraging on multiple cores for encoding if available
    * Faster and higly responsive UI thanks to fully asynchronous operation of the liblinphone.
    * Addon of opus codec
    * Possibility to specify a remote provisionning http URI for configuration
    * LDAP search integration for Linux and MacOSX
    * is-composing notification in chat area
    * User can choose video rendering method on Linux (OpenGL or Xv)
    * Keyboard can be used for DTMF input

    Liblinphone level improvements thanks to new "belle-sip" SIP stack:
    * multiple SIP transports simultaneously now allowed
    * IP dual stack: can use IPv6 and IPv4 simultaneously
    * fully asynchronous behavior: no more lengthly DNS or connections
    * +sip.instance parameter (RFC5626)
    * alias parameter (RFC5923)
    * better management of network disconnections
    * SIP/TLS handled through lightweighted polarssl library (instead of openssl)
    * SIP transaction state machines improved (RFC6026)
    * Privacy API (RFC3323, RFC3325)
    * Full support of rich presence in (RFC4480)
    * Better handling of sips scheme in URIs.
    * Messaging: support of is-composing (RFC3994)
    * Call transfer fixes in error cases
    * Add API for managing SIP SUBSCRIBES/NOTIFY/PUBLISH (linphonecore/event.h)
    * bugfixes

We'll be listening your feedback on this mailing list. Translations, bug reports are welcome. We are also interested in cooperating with the developers of linux distributions in order to ease the integration of this new release.

Source code:
http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/linphone/3.7.x/sources/linphone-3.7.0.tar.gz
http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/linphone/belle-sip/belle-sip-1.3.0.tar.gz

Mac OS bundle: