Re: [Linphone-users] Audio Compression Codec

From: Ghislain MARY
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Audio Compression Codec
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 09:49:05 +0100

Hi,

Linphone already supports opus. This is even the preferred codec now.

Cheers,
Ghislain

On 07/12/2013 04:11, address@hidden wrote:
I am in the process of building Linphone from source.  I'm getting a "Speex"
not found error.  When looking up Speex, the site states that

"The Speex codec has been obsoleted by Opus. It will continue to be available, but
since Opus is better than Speex in all aspects, users are encouraged to switch—"

Is there any work to move from SpeeX to Opus?