Re: [Linphone-users] Windows 8 (no audio; no rtp packets received)

From: Ghislain Mary
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Windows 8 (no audio; no rtp packets received)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 15:02:47 +0100

Hi,

I think you are having some trouble with Windows 8 here, not with Linphone. Everything is correct in the logs.
What can be seen is that both sides send their RTP packet stream correctly but receive nothing:

bandwidth usage: audio=[d=0.0,u=36.6] video=[d=0.0,u=0.0] kbit/sec
Audio session's RTP statistics :
  number of rtp packet sent=547
  number of rtp bytes sent=36619 bytes
  number of rtp packet received=0
  number of rtp bytes received=0 bytes
  number of incoming rtp bytes successfully delivered to the application=0
  number of rtp packet lost=0
  number of rtp packets received too late=0
  number of bad formatted rtp packets=0
  number of packet discarded because of queue overflow=0

I suggest that you check your firewall configuration. Hint: the port used for audio RTP stream is UDP 7078.
Or the problem may come from the configuration of your NAT. Unwanted port forwarding maybe?

Cheers,
Ghislain