Re: [Linphone-users] Auto-answer Feature

From: Jim Diamond
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Auto-answer Feature
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:16:41 -0300

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 15:59 (-0400), David Diamond wrote:

> Believe me, I wouldn't be using Windows either if I didn't have to!
Amen.

> After some experimenting I found that I could change the properties of the
> desktop shortcut to Linphone to enable auto-answer. The original shortcut
> was:
> "C:\Program Files\Linphone\bin\linphone.exe"

> which I changed to:
> "C:\Program Files\Linphone\bin\linphone.exe" -a

> Note that if you try to put the <-a> inside the quotes you get a syntax
> error.

> Many thanks for your help!
You're welcome.  (Hey, could I leave one of the Diamond brethren needing
help?  :-)

> BTW, I still think there should be a way to do this through the GUI, but for
> my current needs this is perfect.
I agree.  You didn't say (I don't think) whether you were a C
programmer, but if you are and you submit a reasonable patch, I expect
the powers that be would be willing to accept it.  Poke through the
code looking at the variable "auto_answer" and you will see what is
going on with it right now.

Cheers.

                        Jim