[Linphone-users] Re: Re: How to compile Linphone 3.31

From: Tanzbaer
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: Re: How to compile Linphone 3.31
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 13:59:25 +0200

Hi Garry,

Of course linphone is still 3.21. The instructions are not to update the
old version of linphone, but to compile the new version. They are not
different from compiling any other application in linux.

Please try the following steps:
1.) Download the linphone-3.31.tar.gz file and unpack it into you home
directory.
2.) Open a terminal and do cd 'linphone-3.3.1'
3.) "./autogen.sh" (I think I forgot that one the last time, didn't
remember it was necessary for the linphone-3-31 package)
4.) "./configure"
5.) "make"
6.) "gtk-glade/./linphone-3" (sorry, I mixed that one up the last time)
You can now use linphone-3.3.1 using "cd linphone-3.3.1" and
"gtk-glade/./linphone-3". There is no need to uninstall 3.21 from the
ubuntu repos.

You can't expect from the developers to supply a .deb. Its nice if
somebody takes the time and builds one, but that's not how opensource
works. You could try building one yourself ;).

I don't know which packages where installed on your system when running
build-dep (apt-get should have printed a list into the terminal before
installing). Maybe you can get some advise how to reverse the "apt-get
build-dep" command in some ubuntu community forum.