[Linphone-users] Feature suggestion: "mute after terminate"

From: Zbigniew Baniewski
Subject: [Linphone-users] Feature suggestion: "mute after terminate"
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:44:53 +0200

Hallo,

I would to give under consideration following feature:

sometimes it's hard to balance settings for speakers and microphone to have
both acceptable microphone sensitivity and proper playing volume. For
example: I've got connected to my Audigy both headphone/mic-set and external
speakers, and as a result there occurs unpleasant feedback, which all of you
surely know. In case of using linphone I've got always either to disconnect
the microphone (speakers must be connected, I must hear that someone's
ringing - even, if I'm not directly at desk), or mute it's input "manually",
then set it to propel level at beginning at each call, then mute it again
after the call is finished... :/

But the solution could be so simple - just by adding the feature suggested
in the subject. It's not that hard to implement:

1. After linphone is run, it detects the current microphone settings
2. It saves that settings in some variable.
3. It mutes the micro input completely, then waiting for the call.
4. After "answer" or "call" it does set the micro level to the setting
   written in linphone's preferences file.
5. After each "terminate" (or when call has been terminated by the party)
   microphone's input is muted again.
6. When ending the work with Linphone ("quit") - it recalls the value stored
   in the variable mentioned in "1", and sets micro input to that level back.

The behaviour described above could be another option, if someone prefers
the present one (no such automatic). But it could be really useful - not
just for me, I suppose. What do you think?
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski