Re: [Linphone-users] Re: Please don't use private IP addresses

From: Luca Olivetti
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Re: Please don't use private IP addresses
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 19:43:55 +0200

On 4/4/07, Luca Olivetti <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 4/4/07, Simon Morlat <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Normally by setting the firewall address or enabling stun it should have put
> > your public address in contact field (it works for me)... So I'm surprise it
> > didn't work for you.
>
> I'm surprised too, since I tried both methods (and confused since it
> worked at least once under arm, never under i386). Note that it seem
> that stun isn't used for authentication, only after the first call.

I can confirm with tcpdump that it doesn't contact the stun server
until the first call, *but* (at least on arm)  it has the firewall
address in the contact field and the registration succeeds. I cannot
understand where it's getting the firewall address from (no, it's not
in .linphonerc).

Now I know: it's still in the library (in spite of a make clean; make;
make install with my workaround removed).
--
Bye