Re: [Linphone-users] mediastramer timers

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] mediastramer timers
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:58:08 +0200

Hello,

First of all, I do not recommend anyone to use old versions like 0.10.2. The
current stable release is 1.0.1 .
It is not recommended to change the mediastreamer timer value.
Your snd_card_can_read() should return true only if a buffer is ready to be
read() (ie the soundcard has captured a buffer of blocksize bytes)
It is normal that the snd_card_read() and snd_card_write() be called with
blocks of multiple of 512 bytes, while the timer ticks every 20 ms.
The MSTimer and your soundcard clock are decorelated, that's the way it should
work.
Your environment is quite complex, I cannot help you more. I hope those
advices will help you to find your problem yourself.

Simon