[Linphone-users] about getaddrinfo in IPv4

From: Juei-Cheng Lo
Subject: [Linphone-users] about getaddrinfo in IPv4
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:06:42 -0800

Dear list,
I am using linphone 0.12.2 on my red-hat 9. Whenever I setup registrar using host name instead of numeric representation, linphone crashed. After tracing the code I found the problem is at guess_local_address of osipua/src/utils.c:

        hints.ai_family=PF_UNSPEC;
        hints.ai_socktype=SOCK_DGRAM;
        err=getaddrinfo(address_to_reach,"5060",&hints,&res);
               // ignored in between
        sock=socket(res->ai_family,SOCK_DGRAM,0);
        tmp=1;
        err=setsockopt(sock,SOL_SOCKET,SO_REUSEADDR,&tmp,sizeof(tmp));

In my system the socket call returns -1 because of unsupported ai_family. I suspect the res->ai_family returned from getaddrinfo was IPv6 which fails the socket call. Did any of you ever have this problem? Thank you.

Richard