Re: [Linphone-users] libosip

From: Ged Haywood
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] libosip
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:09:26 +0000 (GMT)

Hello again Simon,

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Simon MORLAT wrote:

> [snip.snip]
> >sounds like a sick motor-boat.
> >grumbles about timestamps in the future and neither user can talk to
> >
> I've seen this problem with alsa drivers with soundcard of type cs46xx.

The local machine does not use the cs46xx sound card.

hurricane:~# >>> lspci -vvv
[snip]
00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233 AC97 Audio
Controller (rev 50)
        Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device 4161
        Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
[snip]

> You need to choose the alsa card id (not /dev/dsp) in the sound card
> selection combo box of linphone's property box.

This was using linphonec.

> If you have only the /dev/dsp choice, then that means that linphone was
> probably not compiled against alsa-lib.

When the remote machine has been upgraded, I'll rebuild all the
software, making sure it uses the native drivers.  I'll let you know
what I find.

Thanks again Simon.

73,
Ged.