Re: [Linphone-users] libosip

From: Simon MORLAT
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] libosip
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:54:24 +0100

Ged Haywood wrote:

Bad news I'm afraid: 0.12.1pre3 is very much worse for us than 0.12.0

in practically every way.  The only improvement is that it doesn't
crash now, but there's more on that below.

I can't get any sense out of sipomatic.  The recording of your voice
sounds like a sick motor-boat.  It's the same whether the robot is on
a local machine or a remote one.

Although the calls are made and seem to connect properly, linphone
grumbles about timestamps in the future and neither user can talk to
I've seen this problem with alsa drivers with soundcard of type cs46xx.
When using the oss emulation, it seemed that the drivers delivered sound buffers too fast, so that timestamp grew too fast, and this of course confused the receiver. When using the driver in alsa native mode, the problem disapeared. You need to choose the alsa card id (not /dev/dsp) in the sound card selection combo box of linphone's property box. If you have only the /dev/dsp choice, then that means that linphone was probably not compiled against alsa-lib.
Tell me if it improves.