Re: [Linphone-users] Installing and building oRTP with linphone

From: Kevin K
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Installing and building oRTP with linphone
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:13:38 -0700

Thanks Simon for your response.

I noticed that the mediastreamer README reads:

"Mediastreamer is currently unused in linphone. It will be replacement for the old, non clonable architure availlable in audio/. It is not ready because most mediastreamer modules are still to be written: OssInput OssOutput, codecs..."

Is this still the case? Or was that not updated? I don't see an audio directory.

Also, something that's confusing me is whether linphone does RTP/UDP/IP encapsulation or only RTP encapsulation. If it's the former, where does UDP/IP encapsulation occur in the linphone code base? If it's the latter, who does the UDP/IP encapsulating? Is it done in the Linux network protocol stack?

I am trying to implement cRTP (RFC2508) and I need to intercept already configured RTP/UDP/IP packets before they get to the the packet network, and as they come from the packet network. Can this be done within linphone's code base? Or should it be done within Linux's code?

Thanks!
Kevin