[Linphone-developers] Outgoing call issue in iOS application in Linphne

From: Vivek Tilva
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Outgoing call issue in iOS application in Linphne
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 15:51:54 +0530

Hello,

We are facing issue in outgoing calls , calls were not able to go through our provider which we are using , here is reply from our provider , it is related to codec , can you please help us.

Reply from Our provider:

" I checked the samples you have provided and I could observe few things in the calls which have failed.
The main reason for calls failing is because of the mismatch in codec negotiation.
Plivo accepts the call only on PCMU 0 and 8 ( g711).
The calling agent is sending an invite with the codec's 97 98 99 100 0 8 101.
But is missing to send the media attribute description for either 0 or 8, since the codec is not described our servers are rejecting the call.
To fix the issue you will have to send at least one of the codecs in the media attributes only then the calls will be processed"

It there any thing we can change in code to overcome this issue ?

--
Regards,
Vivek Tilva