Hello and good day, if you understandably have not the disposition to read this rather long post, could you please reference a link to the new windows 10/UWP client that i understand was released recently? I am using an old version of the client and most likely that is the source of my headaches. Thank you.
I have tried to build the (now outdated) UWP client dozens of times. I follow the instructions pretty much to the letter:
i download the repository using "git clone git://git.linphone.org/linphone-windows10.git --recursive" (i think it is outdated - but can't find the new one anywhere)
i then run the prepare.py script (first with -c flag to remove previous instances, then simply, without the -c flag (using the -C flag gives errors))
i then open the SDK.sln project and build it (it gives errors so i download the ready-made SDK for Windows 10 from the nightly builds “LinphoneSDK.220.127.116.111” ) and replace with my error ridden one
i then build the project itself (Linphone.sln) and run it. After it builds, it gives hundreds of errors, all of them because the Linphone Core is missing (meaning “using BelledonneCommunications.Linphone.Native;” is unresolved)
I fixed this (got the project to build without errors) by downloading the latest ready-built SDK for win10 “LinphoneSDK.18.104.22.1681” and importing the assembly reference "BelledonneCommunications.Linphone.Native.winmd" from the sdk /lib folder. After successfully building, that resulted in “Class not registered” exceptions, and i fixed those by placing the corresponding DLL ("BelledonneCommunications.Linphone.Native.dll", for X64) in the same folder /lib folder (copied from the “runtimes” folder), after that i get “I/O File not found” exceptions instead and after those also gets stuck on splash-screen (current state).
The exceptions (occur in multiple places):
Class not registered exceptions (past ones)
An exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in BelledonneCommunications.Linphone.App.exe but was not handled in user code
Additional information: Requested Windows Runtime type 'BelledonneCommunications.Linphone.Native.Core' is not registered.
File not found exceptions(current ones):
“An exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in BelledonneCommunications.Linphone.App.exe but was not handled in user code
Additional information: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)”
After dozens of attempts i pretty much gave hope on building the Windows10/UWP client, hope you made it reading this far, ultimately i made this post in hopes of either:
a. Getting some help from fellow developers on these issues so i can get the UWP version to build successfully
b. Getting the address/location of the new UWP version (i think it was released just days ago) - good chance the new version would work without those issues i’m having.