Re: [Linphone-developers] Belle-sip DNS Via TCP Issue

From: Simon MORLAT
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Belle-sip DNS Via TCP Issue
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 20:15:58 +0100

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for the detailed report and test tool you've submitted in March.
Before summer we had a chance to upgrade the dns.c version we are incorporating in Linphone, as well as fix other corner case issues in the way we are integrating it.
Recently we tried to reproduce the issue following your instructions and we could not reproduce it.
I believe it is fixed.

Best regards,

Hi Gautier,

Thanks for the quick response. We were able to find the original project
from which dns.c was taken [1]. I replaced dns.c and dns.h with the
latest versions from GitHub, and it fixes the issue for the
belle_sip_resolve utility on Linux.

It looks like there are some belle-sip-specific modifications that were
made to the original dns.c (to support Windows?), so I'm guessing that
there may be a little more work to do to integrate the updates.
Hopefully it is pretty straightforward. Unfortunately, I don't have all
of the build environments available to do it myself and provide a patch.

Thanks again.

Trevor

[1] https://github.com/wahern/dns