Re: [Linphone-developers] DTX / VAD for Speex in linphone

From: w4
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] DTX / VAD for Speex in linphone
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 11:48:34 +0200

Ok,

good to know that there should be fewer packets. Then my configuration
must be faulty...Anyway, i can't see nothing wrong in the SDP INVITE or
OK response...

INVITE part (Linphone/3.9.1 (belle-sip/1.4.2) git version on Kali linux)

v=0
o=linphone 3447 4091 IN IP4 yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
s=Talk
c=IN IP4 yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
t=0 0
a=rtcp-xr:rcvr-rtt=all:10000 stat-summary=loss,dup,jitt,TTL voip-metrics
m=audio 7078 RTP/AVP 96 101
a=rtpmap:96 speex/8000
a=fmtp:96 vad=on
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=rtcp-fb:* trr-int 5

OK response part...(Linphone/3.5.2 (eXosip2/3.6.0) repository version on
debian stable - no opus here btw (?))

v=0
o=linphonetoo 3636 3636 IN IP4 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
s=Talk
c=IN IP4 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
t=0 0
m=audio 7078 RTP/AVP 96 101
a=rtpmap:96 speex/8000
a=fmtp:96 vad=on
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-11

I don't have to use Speex (it was simply the codec i tested first).

BTW, Does Linphone offer some kind of generic VAD for codecs which don't
have it built-in, like PCMA/U?

My purpose is to do some research on VAD-related attack vectors, but
without VAD/DTX i can't do testing, so yes, i would really like to turn
it on ;)

Best,
Anne