Re: [Linphone-developers] Including linphone in a Java desktopapplicatio

From: 曹贵林
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Including linphone in a Java desktopapplication
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 16:52:54 +0800

Hi BOUKHARI Manar,
We are using android-linphone in our project. But it is JNI that does the real work, if you check the source code. As JNI is written in C, I think both linphone and android-linphone call the same C functions to do the job, e.g. start a call, end a call, etc.

------------------
曹贵林
上海清溪电子科技有限公司   技术总监

I'm not sure if linphone can be integrated into a Java Swing or Java FX application - which I wish to do. The only support seems to be android based.

I've searched a lots online but couldn't find any examples of linphone working in a Java SE environment.

According to Linphone site, it appears that the mediastreamer2 only offers android support. So How tightly coupled is this to Android, what sort of level of effort would be involved in supporting embedding in a JPanel for example?

Does anyone know if this is possible ?

Any advice would be appreciated !

Best regards,

--