[Linphone-developers] Android linphone presence

From: Mario Fiorentino
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Android linphone presence
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 18:29:35 +0100

Hi all,
I' trying to setup presence messages between user in my linphone client.
I've read some documentations on the web, but I think that they are missing somenthing.
So for each client I'm interested in receiving status updates I've proceded:
1) Adding them on the buddy List: Create a New Friend -> set Friend Data -> Add Friend

LinphoneFriend my_friend=LinphoneCoreFactory.instance().createLinphoneFriend("sip:"+URI+"@"+DOMAIN); /*creates friend object for buddy joe*/
        my_friend.enableSubscribes(true); /*configure this friend to emit SUBSCRIBE message after being added to LinphoneCore*/
        my_friend.setIncSubscribePolicy(LinphoneFriend.SubscribePolicy.SPAccept); /* accept Incoming subscription request for this friend*/
        try {
LinphoneManager.getLc().addFriend(my_friend);
} catch (LinphoneCoreException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

2)At the end of the process I notify my client status by this line code:

LinphoneManager.getLc().setPresenceInfo(0, "", OnlineStatus.Online);

Now, despite this method is called:

public void onNotifyPresenceReceived(LinphoneFriend friend) {
Log.debug(tag, "Friend status -> "+friend.getAddress()+"<- is -> "+ friend.getStatus() +" <- ");
}
}

I still continue seeing the offline status of my friend. How it can be possibile?
Could you please tell me what I'm missing or if there's something wrong?

Thanks for considering my request.
Mario