Re: [Linphone-developers] inputs for linphone arch study

From: Manit Chanthavong
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] inputs for linphone arch study
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 09:44:54 -0500

If you want hands on experience, you will first have to be able to compile the code.

Here are the main components in linphone.

oSIP - sip stack
XoSip2 - high level sip stack for oSIP
oRTP - rtp media transport
mediastreamer2 - media framework
linphonecore - high level SIP Phone SDK
Linphone GUI - User Interface

There is a lot to learn as this project has many dependencies. Not listed here are DirectX and FFMPEG. That is just a few.

I would start off with linphonecore. There is a great console app named, linephonec. Start off there and you will branch into the various APIs.