[Linphone-developers] mediastreamer2/tests/mediastream.c not receiving

From: Matteo Fortini
Subject: [Linphone-developers] mediastreamer2/tests/mediastream.c not receiving
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:38:17 +0100

Hi,
I'm trying to use the test software provided with mediastreamer2 to learn how to use the library.

I can send audio from it to a vlc running on my pc, e.g. on the remote host:
address@hidden ./mediastream --remote 192.168.1.100:5564 --capture-card default

on my PC
address@hidden vlc rtp://:5564

I can hear audio from the remote mic on my PC.

However, if I try to stream audio between two remotes running mediastream, e.g. on the first

address@hidden ./mediastream --remote 192.168.1.2:5564 --capture-card default

and on the second one

address@hidden ./mediastream --local 5564 --playback-card default

I get the following error on the receiver side:
ortp-warning-Could not obtain sample rate, session is not set.
ortp-error-Sample rate is unknown for RTP side !

and the statistics go on like this:

ortp-message-oRTP-stats:
   Global statistics :
ortp-message- number of rtp packet sent=0
ortp-message- number of rtp bytes sent=0 bytes
ortp-message- number of rtp packet received=0
ortp-message- number of rtp bytes received=0 bytes
ortp-message- number of incoming rtp bytes successfully delivered to the application=0 ortp-message- number of times the application queried a packet that didn't exist=0
ortp-message- number of rtp packet lost=0
ortp-message- number of rtp packets received too late=0
ortp-message- number of bad formatted rtp packets=0
ortp-message- number of packet discarded because of queue overflow=0
Bandwidth usage: download=0.000000 kbits/sec, upload=0.000000 kbits/sec

Has anyone been able to get such a config working?

Thank you in advance,
Matteo