Re: [Linphone-developers] Register and Unregister in Linphone-Android

From: Guillaume BERAUDO
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Register and Unregister in Linphone-Android
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:02:43 +0100

Hello Ahmed,

> Actually I'm trying to add the DNS SRV lookup service to choose the
> best proxy to connect to, I almost finished the selection algorithm

Actually, the DNS SRV lookup is already implemented in the sip stack
used by Linphone.

The use of DNS SRV is automatic in Linphone.

However it requires that an NAPTR to be present together with
the SRV records. The NAPTR being queried first.

>    - What was really interesting is that watching the log, the
> application re-registers automatically almost every 1 minutes, even
> if it is in background!, is that true? why is that? and where can I
> find the code do that?
Concerning the automatic re-registration, this is also done by the
underlying SIP stack. It is used in case of error and when the
register expires. See the LinphoneProxyConfig in Linphone.

Cheers,

Guillaume