[Linphone-developers] Trouble running autogen.sh under MinGW

From: Steve Strobel
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Trouble running autogen.sh under MinGW
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:22:36 -0600

I am trying to build Linphone for Windows using MinGW by following the instructions in README.mingw, but I am hung up on the autogen step. The last messages it prints are:

GNU Autoconf home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/>.
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>.'
+ version='autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.67
License GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>, <http://gnu.org/licenses/exceptions.html>

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.'
+ help='Try `autoconf-2.67 --help'\'' for more information.'
+ exit_missing_arg='
  as_fn_error $? "option \`$1'\'' requires an argument$as_nl$help"'
+ : /mingw/bin/autom4te-2.67
+ autom4te_options=
+ outfile=
+ verbose=false
+ test 0 -gt 0
+ case $# in
+ test -f configure.ac
+ test -f configure.in
+ infile=configure.ac
+ test -z ''
+ test -z ''
+ outfile=configure
+ test -z configure
+ eval set x '' --language=autoconf '--output="$outfile"' '' '"$infile"'
++ set x --language=autoconf --output=configure configure.ac
+ shift
+ false
+ exec /mingw/bin/autom4te-2.67 --language=autoconf --output=configure configure.ac
+ /bin/m4 --help
+ grep reload-state
+ echo dumpdef
+ /bin/m4 --nesting-limit=1024
configure.ac:1: error: possibly undefined macro: dnl
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:26: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_SUBST
configure.ac:67: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
configure.ac:184: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
configure.ac:241: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_LIB
configure.ac:262: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_HEADERS

I am especially surprised that it complains about "dnl" on the first line of configure.ac; I must have something wrong in my toolchain. Any suggestions about how to fix it would be great.

Steve

---
Steve Strobel
Link Communications, Inc.