Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone.org SIP service - technical details

From: Kristian Kielhofner
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone.org SIP service - technical details
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:57:53 -0500

I'm sure you've expected this but my first question is: Why another SIP proxy?

The venerable SER family (SER/Kamailio/OpenSIPS), for example, has a
decade head start on Flexsip.  I'm sure you're well aware but the
modules/feature list speaks for itself:

http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/

The stability, scalability, and feature set is unmatched and has been
for some time.  When Cisco designed the platform for Linksys One four
years ago, they chose OpenSIPS:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7194/product_data_sheet0900aecd805c3cc1.pdf

Where does Flexsip fit in with all of this?