Re: [Linphone-developers] Voice quality on 3G and EDGE

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Voice quality on 3G and EDGE
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 21:47:38 +0200

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the clarification.
After reviewing the code, I see there is a risk that duplicates are not
seen by oRTP when they are not entered in the jitter buffer together.
That is if a packet goes out from the jitter buffer because it's time to
play it, and just after the same one enters the jitter buffer, oRTP
won't see it is a duplicate.
It only sees when while inserting a packet into the jitter buffer, a
similar one is already present.
So you're right, some duplicates are not discarded.

Simon