[Linphone-developers] Sending H264 video over RTP

From: Raseel Bhagat
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Sending H264 video over RTP
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:05:06 +0530

Hi guys,

I'm trying to send H264 video over RTP and planning to write a simple mediastreamer application (similar to linphone-3.3.2/mediastreamer2/tests/mediastream.c) for doing the same.
Now my application has a few restriction/pre-requisites , which are as follows :
1. The H264 profile has to be baseline
2. It has to be a byte-stream
3. It should contain SPS, PPS in the header after a specified time interval.

Point 1. is already implemented since the msx264 plugin is be default configured as  baseline profile.
For configuring Point 2. , I set the annexb variable in "params.b_annexb" to 1.
Now, the only remaining issue is Point 3.

What would be the best way to achieve it ?

This is what I was thinking :
- In msx264.c , enc_process(), the function x264_nals_to_msgb() creates a queue of the NAL units and packs it using rfc3984_pack().
- I would check for the payload identifier type and when I get SPS and PPS, packets, save them
- Then insert this queue on every pre-determined time interval, and pack it normally  using rfc3984_pack().
Does this design make sense  ?
Can someone suggest anything better ?

Thanks,
Raseel