Re: [Linphone-developers] Audio distortion when using ARM device Bug i

From: menno
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Audio distortion when using ARM device Bug i think
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 08:55:28 +0200

It is a very strange problem because this happened only on ARM devices.

I install and use the following specs/hardware:
- Dockstar unit (without RTC support)
- Current plugbox linux (downloadable from pluggapps.com)
- USB soundcard with only 16bit/48khz input/output support
- USB stick for storage of the kernel and software
- ALSA support kernel enabled (no OSS enabled)

I install this device (with a a lot of kernel versions) serveral times,
but i don't get this working. This issue is a generic problem with all the
codecs.

The problem is only with the sound from the headphone output (from the
soundcard inside the ARM box), incoming audio. Strange is that outgoing
sound (from microphone) works well and the sound is cristal and clear,
outgoing audio.
This problem is hapenned when i register linphone to asterisk but also
with direct calls from linphone to linphone.

When i use a output channel from mpg123 normal without any variables i get
also distortion. But when i set the output to hw:0,0 this works without
any problems.

In 2008 a user had the same problem with linphone and an older version:
http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/uclinux-dist/forum/?_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=28745&action=ForumBrowse
and i can't find a solution for it.

Simon (or other linphone developers) is it possible to check this issue
and help me to resolve this?

Greetz Menno