[Linphone-developers] Playback rate

From: M Walton
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Playback rate
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:12:55 -0000

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a way to influence the stream rate slightly for the outgoing call?

I have a small buffer inside linphone, when i read packets of speech from our target system i put them in this buffer, when the buffer is say 1000 bytes full, i will start sending them to linphone and linphone then uses its oRTP/MS to pass the data out to the far end caller as a normal call. (so no capturing speech from the soundcard, i pass it instead - everything else is the same)

I have a situation where linphone is piping the data out quicker then i can fill the buffer, so i get 'pops' in the sound where i cannot give linphone the requested data as i havent got it yet so it has nothing to play.

What i would like to do, is monitor the buffer, so if it gets too low, i can slow down linphones 8K sample rate to say 7080Hz, thus allowing me to slowly replenish the buffer - and vice versa.

Does anyone know of a way i can do this? or achieve a similar effect?

Many thanks in advance

Billy Walton

Development Engineer

Lismore Instruments Ltd