Re: [Linphone-developers] Playback rate

From: Steve Strobel
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Playback rate
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:32:02 -0600

What i would like to do, is monitor the buffer, so if it gets too low, i can slow down linphones 8K sample rate to say 7080Hz, thus allowing me to slowly replenish the buffer - and vice versa.

If you do that, whatever is receiving the data from Linphone will run short on data. Unless it has packet loss concealment, it will pop just like you are hearing now. In other words, I think your idea would just move the problem from one place to another.

Billy Walton

Steve

---
Steve Strobel