Re: [Linphone-developers] Simple (hardcoded) way of changing the display

From: Peter Howard
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Simple (hardcoded) way of changing the displayed image size?
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:17:18 +1100

Thanks for the response.  I may well (part-)answer my own questions
again along the way, but I'll ask now anyway.

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 11:48 +0100, Simon Morlat wrote:

> > So, refining my question, what I want to be able to do is scale up from
> > CIF to 4CIF at display time (having been transmitted at CIF resolution).
> > The reference in the mediastreamer2 source to scaling I found is
> > sizeconv.c, which only converts up to CIF.  So: is it feasible to
> > quickly add display-time scaling up to 4CIF?
>
> You pointed out the correct piece of code.
> You can modifiy sizeconf.c to resize to 4CIF,

Do I actually need to?  Looking closer in sizeconv.c at
sizeconv_set_vsize(), which I believe is being called below by
ms_filter_call_method(...,MS_FILTER_SET_VIDEO_SIZE,&vsize), it appears
to change the source size to CIF and the target size to what's specified
in vsize.

> and you'll need to modify some
> lines in videostream.c:
>       /*ask the size-converter to always output CIF */
> -     vsize=MS_VIDEO_SIZE_CIF;
> +     vsize=MS_VIDEO_SIZE_4CIF;
>       ms_filter_call_method(stream->sizeconv,MS_FILTER_SET_PIX_FMT,&format);
>       ms_filter_call_method(stream->sizeconv,MS_FILTER_SET_VIDEO_SIZE,&vsize);
>       ms_filter_call_method(stream->output,MS_FILTER_SET_PIX_FMT,&format);
> +     ms_filter_call_method(stream->output,MS_FILTER_SET_VIDEO_SIZE,&vsize);

Can you give me the 10-second explanation of of what stream->sizeconf
does vs stream->output?

> And normally you should have a display in 4CIF.

I tried just making the changes above in videostream.c then connecting
two linphone sessions, one with the videostream.c changes, one without.
Upon connection, the one with the changes resizes the video window but
then freezes (with an error coming out "Xlib: unexpected async reply
(sequence 0x1283)!") and the other end sees nothing.

--
Peter Howard
URSYS

Ph: 02 8745 2816    Fax: 02 8745 2828