Re: [Linphone-developers] OPTIONS transaction handling

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] OPTIONS transaction handling
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:49:57 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Thomas Reitmayr wrote:

Hi Aymeric,

regarding the first issue - I later saw myself that it was fixed in some version quite a while ago, but it still seems to be a potential memory leak as the "kill" callback for IST never gets initialized and therefore never called (if I haven't overlooked something). Therefore I appended the fix below.

You seem to be right in fact...

About the second problem, I am aware that the eXosip version used for linphone is a snapshot with some of the bugs at that time. As this memory leak problem was quite serious on my embedded system due to the frequent options requests my VOIP service provider sends, I eventually found a fix which works for me. If there could be a problem needing the OPTIONS later

in the call context (as you describe it), it did not happen with linphone for me - and I am still happy ;)

Anyway, it is somehow what the latest eXosip does and it is appended
 below, too.

I did take a look at the current eXosip2 code: I'm correctly adding
the option in the list of transaction.

BUT: I found out that I didn't deleted the old pointers that was
previously used to hold the OPTIONS in call context... Thanks to
this discussion, I've just cleaned my newest code!

Tks
Aymeric