[Linphone-developers] Re: G.723 support in linphone

From: Vanitha Ramaswami
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Re: G.723 support in linphone
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 20:48:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Simon,

In G.723.1, i can run in either 5.3kbps or 6.3 kbps. I
think both of them will have
the same payloadtype ie. 4. Its not possible to call
rtp_profile_set_payload right.?

In order to hook to my external DSP codecs, to make
the changes minimal i modified
the audiostream.c file in the function
audio_stream_start_full,

ms_filter_add_link(stream->soundread,stream->rtpsend);
ms_filter_add_link(stream->rtprecv,stream->soundwrite);

With these changes it worked fine for me for the G.711
MuLaw & A-Law, but now
when i add support for G.723, it is giving me error

in "coreapi/misc.c There is no plugin to handle.."..

Do i need to stub out the G.723 encoder&decoder
inorder to remove these kind of
errors  from the medistreamer.

I appreciate your help on this.

Thanks
Vanitha

--- Simon Morlat <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I' ve added this support in cvs version.
> It consists in adding this:
>
> PayloadType payload_type_g7231=
> {
>       TYPE( PAYLOAD_AUDIO_PACKETIZED),
>       CLOCK_RATE(8000),
>       BITS_PER_SAMPLE( 0),
>       ZERO_PATTERN(NULL),
>       PATTERN_LENGTH( 0),
>       NORMAL_BITRATE( 6300),
>       MIME_TYPE ("G723")
> };
>
> in src/avprofile.c
>
> and add a

rtp_profile_set_payload(&av_profile,4,&payload_type_g7231=);