Re: [Linphone-developers] dtmf with linphone

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] dtmf with linphone
Date: 08 Aug 2002 20:45:44 +0200

Hello,

Linphone does not support DTMFs. In any case this is not a feature from
libosip: SIP does not care about DTMFs. It 's only a problem that
concerns audio processing, user interface and RTP (rfc1889+rfc2833).
The RTP stack of linphone (oRTP) is able to send DTMF packets and
receive DTMF packets. This is the only thing that is already there in
linphone. The work that has to be done consists in user interface, dtmf
waves generation and playing.
Aren't you french ?  We can discuss this more in native language (but
not on mailling list because other users won't be happy).
I'm currently logged on irc.openprojects.net#linphone. If you have an
irc client we can chat now.
Simon