Re: Cropped output

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: Cropped output
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 14:01:00 +0200

On 21 Jul 2023, at 13:44, Hans Aikema <hans.aikema@aikebah.net> wrote:

On 21 Jul 2023, at 13:36, Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> wrote:

Den tors 20 juli 2023 kl 18:10 skrev Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>:
Le jeudi 20 juillet 2023 à 17:52 +0200, Henrik Frisk a écrit :
None at all, but maybe I'm misunderstanding the command. Here's what I do:

$ lilypond --pdf -dcrop='#t' test6.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.24.1 (running Guile 3.0)
Processing `test6.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Calculating line breaks...
Drawing systems...
Converting to `test6.pdf'...
Success: compilation successfully completed

Test6.pdf is a regular pdf.

You should also find a separate file Test6.cropped.pdf with cropped output.

If you don't: do you have any ly:set-option calls or such in the file?

No, I didn't, but I identified the problem. I also had

as this was the old way of getting a cropped output.
Which essentially would also count as a 'yes' to Jean's question as that (https://github.com/lilypond/lilypond/blob/master/ly/lilypond-book-preamble.ly) is including a few ly:set-option entries into your file

That should of course have been https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/blob/master/ly/lilypond-book-preamble.ly for the authoritive repository but for some reason Google is not listing the gitlab direct link and showing the github mirror direct link as the first hit when searching for 'lilypond-book-preamble.ly gitlab'. For gitlab it only lists an issue.

This apparently interfered with -dcrop='#t'. No it works both from as a cli argument and as set in the file: #(ly:set-option 'crop #t)
Thank for the help and sorry for the confusion.

/Henrik