Re: How to submit a feature request (issue)

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: How to submit a feature request (issue)
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2023 21:09:41 +0200

Le samedi 01 juillet 2023 à 11:30 -0700, Curt McDowell a écrit :
I tend not to use convert-ly because I feel upgrading a file version
would unfairly force anyone who wants to compile my music to upgrade
their LilyPond installation. Upgrading might not be straightforward when
using a standard distro, and I'd hate for someone to risk destabilizing
their working environment on my account.

lilypond.org distributes static self-contained binaries of LilyPond that can just be unpacked in whatever directory and run from there without being installed in some way, so the risk of destabilizing the environment is exactly zero.