Re: How to submit a feature request (issue)

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: How to submit a feature request (issue)
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2023 12:46:34 +0200

Maybe Lilypond should also give a warning if it on a lower language version.
The assumption here is that lower language versions are generally compatible
with higher program versions, but this is not true. So basically we only
guarantee that a specific language version will be working with the same
program version. This should at the very least be true on the stable branch if
there is a difference in major version and on the unstable branch even if there
is a difference between minor versions.

Cheers,
Valentin