Fwd: Markup with text or text in dynamics font

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Fwd: Markup with text or text in dynamics font
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 10:00:48 -0700

On Tue, May 30, 2023 at 9:14 AM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

(Adding back the list)

Le mardi 30 mai 2023 à 09:09 -0700, Ralph Palmer a écrit :

Jean -

I did get your messages. I took a quick look and felt confused and slightly overwhelmed. I'm going to try again. I appreciate your follow-up messages.

All the best,

Ralph

To make it short and hopefully not overwhelming:

  1. Delete your existing version of Frescobaldi. Unfortunately this is a bit fraught because of the currently outdated packaging tooling that Frescobaldi currently uses (it's being changed at the moment). But if you look into your ~/frescobaldi-3.2 folder, you might find a file called installed.txt. If it's there, use cat installed.txt | xargs rm.

  2. flatpak install frescobaldi

  3. cp ~/.config/frescobaldi/frescobaldi.conf ~/.var/app/org.frescobaldi.Frescobaldi/config/frescobaldi/frescobaldi.conf

Thanks, Jean. I followed the long version as best I could. I'm not skilled or super familiar with working from the terminal, so I'm not sure I did everything exactly as I was supposed to. My main question would be whether I was supposed to remain in frescobaldi-repositories after Step 2. I did, and I got a few errors in the later steps, but nothing that seemed disastrous or halted the operation, and when I closed the terminal and checked my Frescobaldi, I found I do, in fact, have 3.3.

All the best,

Ralph

______
Ralph Palmer