Re: Annotated tuplet bracket

From: Gregory Rowland Evans
Subject: Re: Annotated tuplet bracket
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 05:50:24 -0500

Hi Jean,
In the attached image, notice the parenthesized note head above some of the
tuplet numbers. If the bracket is down the annotation would be below the tuplet
number. I have been able to override the tuplet number to modify the text to be
whatever I want, however I was looking to automate a few things about the
vertical position of the symbol.

1. I want to override only specific tuplet brackets not all brackets.
2. I don’t want to write the tuplet number again when I override the text of
the symbol (this is not a high priority).
3. I want to input a markup so I can freely modify the note head symbol.
4. I want the note head to automatically place above or below the tuplet number
relative to the position of the bracket. (Bracket up: annotation above number,
or  bracket down: annotation below number)
5. Since the tuplet number text will have a taller vertical profile, lilypond
will likely try to center the new compound symbol somewhere in between the
number and the note head. I would like the position to be readjusted so the
number is still in the center of the line.

JPEG image

Does this make sense? I know how to override the tuplet number, but I want to
automate the positioning of an extra symbol with the tuplet number.

Regards,
greg